Monday, July 14, 2014

Grisly Garage

We're working on this place in Midvale and like most of the projects we've seen lately, this place just has its own feel to it. It's a house that got turned into a tri-plex, with a laundry located to the west side. Rumor has it that a couple of girls got high on heroine in the laundry room and died there fairly recently. The way the story was told my buddy, it sounds like a third person survived.

The home is in a very dicey neighborhood, filled with broken down trailers and ratty yards. Then you get to this home, located at the end of the neighborhood, and the neighbors were complaining about what was going on here. Sometimes it really does make me wonder why I do this - it's a weird kind of adventure I get into sometimes.

So Salt Lake County does not require that I clean out the garage - they only require that the living space be decontaminated. That's a good thing because there has been a pit bull guarding that garage - even when nobody is theoretically living in the place. Oh, and the garage? It's nasty. My buddy thinks there's a body in there. It stinks like a mix between something like feces and a rotting carcass. That will be somebody else's adventure though. We ain't going in there.

There's just some things I won't do

No comments:

Post a Comment